Friday, November 6, 2015

Whispers

Whispers

I stand staring at that girl,
that girl I see every day,
and I see pictures blurring her eyes
like tears long wiped away.

But I know those tears are there,
hidden within her heart.
Like true tears, they're slowly,
tearing her apart.

I know I should say something,
to take away her pain,
but the air remains silent,
her demons remain un-slain.

Those demons are her secret,
whispering in her mind,
all the truths she's never denied,
whispering words unkind.

The whispers, they grow louder,
feeding on her soul,
eating away all the joy,
that once made her feel whole.

I see those tears again,
this time in her eyes.
The demons yelling in her head,
what she once believed as lies.

But still I stand staring,
in the mirror at this girl I see,
and as I try to wipe the tears away,
I remember that girl is me.
~AngelFury~

2007

No comments:

Post a Comment